The Cochrane Collaboration is an independent international not-for-profit organization, established in 1993, that makes up-to-date, accurate information about the effects of health care available worldwide. It promotes the search for evidence via clinical trials and other studies. For further information, visit www.cochrane.org/index.htm .
Explore this issue:February 2007
Steps to Writing EBM Guidelines
The five steps to creating valid evidence-based guidelines are:
- Identifying and refining the subject area
- Convening and running guideline development groups
- Assessing evidence identified by systematic literature review
- Translating evidence into recommendations
- External guideline review
For a detailed look at how AAO-HNSF leaders are developing evidence-based guidelines:
Rosenfeld R, Shiffman R. Clinical practice guidelines: a manual for developing evidence-based guidelines to facilitate performance measurement and quality improvement. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2006;135:S1-S28.
©2007 The Triological Society