Browse By Topic and Related Items
Articles by Topic - Legal
Listing articles 21 to 27 of 27
- Legal Matters: Borrowing 101: Minimize risk when taking out a loan for your practice
- Steven M. Harris, Esq.
- Published: Mar 01, 2010
- For better or worse, medical practices are experiencing change. While many physicians are looking to expand their practice, other physicians are seeking a divorce from their current group.
- Article: Experts Urge Building Support System Before Jumping on Apology Bandwagon: 'Be Proactive, Not Reactive'
- Gretchen Henkel
- Published: Oct 01, 2008
- Six years ago, in August 2001, the University of Michigan Health System (UMHS) had 262 pre-suit claims and lawsuits pending.
- Article: So You Think a Malpractice Suit Is Bad?
- Robert H. Miller, MD, MBA
- Published: Sep 01, 2007
- I was sued only once during my surgical career.
- Article: Medical Identity Theft: Under-Reported, Under-Researched, More Common than Generally Known
- Margot J. Fromer
- Published: May 01, 2007
- Medical identity theft is stealing health information for personal profit.
- Article: At the Sharp End of the System: Disclosure and Apology in Otolaryngology
- Andrea M. Sattinger
- Published: Dec 01, 2006
- When the team of otolaryngologists from Children's Hospital in Boston, including Drs. David Roberson and Rahul Shah, among others, investigated the classification of errors and physician responses to errors as it is germane to otolaryngology, they provided a great service to their fellow specialists.
- Article: Case Studies: Malpractice or Bad Outcome?
- John Austin
- Published: Oct 01, 2006
- Of patients who are hospitalized in this country, between 1 and 2% of them will suffer some sort of negligent injury, according to a Harvard study.
- Article: Distinguished Panel Deliberates Expert Witness Testimony
- John Austin
- Published: Jul 01, 2006
- As medical malpractice lawsuits have become increasingly standard fare in the United States judicial system, providing expert witness testimony has become something of a cottage industry in the medical and scientific communities.