Dr. Villwock is an assistant professor of otolaryngology–head and neck surgery in the division of rhinology and skull base surgery at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City. She is also a member of the ENTtoday editorial advisory board.
Explore This IssueJanuary 2020
- Hu YY, Ellis RJ, Hewitt DB, et al. Discrimination, abuse, harassment, and burnout in surgical residency training. N Engl J Med. 2019;381:1741-1752.
- NOSORH. National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health – About Rural Health in America. Accessed December 1, 2019.
- Walker KO, Moreno G, Grumbach K. The association among specialty, race, ethnicity, and practice location among California physicians in diverse specialties. J Natl Med Assoc. 2012;104:46-52.
- Pories SE, Turner PL, Greenberg CC, Babu MA, Parangi S. Leadership in American surgery: women are rising to the top. Ann Surg. 2019;269:199-205. doi:10.1097/SLA.0000000000002978.
- Stepien K. A mother in the house. The Institute for Physician Wellness. Accessed November 30, 2019.
- Hu YY, Ellis RJ, Yang AD, et al. General surgery residents who often experience mistreatment during residency training are at a greater risk of burnout and suicidal thoughts. American College of Surgeons. Accessed December 2, 2019.
- Greenberg CC. Association for Academic Surgery presidential address: sticky floors and glass ceilings. J Surg Res. 2017;219:ix – xviii.
- Jena AB, Olenski AR, Blumenthal DM. Sex differences in physician salary in US public medical schools. JAMA Intern Med. 2016;176:1294-1304.
- Benoit MF, Ma JF, Upperman BA. Comparison of 2015 Medicare relative value units for gender-specific procedures: Gynecologic and gynecologic-oncologic versus urologic CPT coding. Has time healed gender-worth? Gynecol Oncol. 2017;144:336-342.
- Goff BA, Muntz HG, Cain JM. Comparison of 1997 Medicare relative value units for gender-specific procedures: is Adam still worth more than Eve? Gynecol Oncol. 1997;66:313-319.