- Commit to a clear national strategy to devise and implement high performance health care.
- Emphasize coordination and integration of care through primary care providers.
- Establish and track metrics for health outcomes, care quality, access to care, and population-based disparities.
- Ensure that patients get the right care (not too much, not too little).
- Ensure access to care for all Americans-affordable, established benefits, equitably accessed.
- Balance provider autonomy with accountability.
The Commission hopes to put an end to the nation’s complex web of private/public health care financing, delivery, and quality assurance structures that produce vast inefficiencies in the provision of care-including waste due to duplication, poor processes, the provision of care that is know to be ineffective, and unacceptable variation in quality and safety.
Explore This IssueMarch 2007
©2007 The Triological Society