Tom Collins is a freelance medical writer based in Florida.
You Might Also Like
Explore This IssueApril 2015
- Genotyping can be used to predict hearing loss and can prompt earlier consideration of a cochlear implant.
- Testing for mutations can help identify those who might be at risk of overmetabolizing codeine.
- HPV positivity is a prognostic tool but should not be used to guide treatment.
- The once-promising epidermal growth factor receptor has not panned out as a therapeutic target.
- PD-1 and PD-L1 are proving to be promising therapeutic targets, with good results among melanoma patients.