Karen Appold is a freelance medical writer in Pennsylvania.
Explore This IssueMay 2016
10 Website Design Tips
- Choose color palettes carefully (think about the emotions colors convey), and avoid using more than five colors on your site.
- Select easy-to-read fonts in a large enough size to scan quickly.
- Label menu tabs clearly; anticipate how patients will look for information.
- Introduce your physicians and staff: Include bios, photos, and videos.
- Use photos of your physicians positively interacting with patients.
- Post downloadable documents that new patients will need to complete prior to their first visit.
- Make your site interactive: Include surveys and a way for patients to ask questions and make appointments.
- Make it educational: Include disease fact sheets and relevant research, links to support groups, and other information patients might find valuable.
- Tell your practice’s story—share what makes it unique.
- Tell your patients’ stories (with permission and signed waivers), and let them recommend you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | Single Page